As a result of my long, bumpy journey to healing, I try to be the provider that I struggled to find myself. In order to find my answers, I needed to receive a doctorate degree, specialize in pelvic health, and advocate for myself to countless doctors. It was ridiculous. I do NOT want you to have that experience.
Through reading this article, I hope some of your questions have been answered and your apprehensions eased. Because now you know more about:
1. Who should go to pelvic physical therapy?
Pretty much anyone could benefit from pelvic physical therapy.
2. What should I expect at my pelvic physical therapy appointment?
Comfort, being heard, creating custom treatment plan based upon your goals and values.
3. Is pelvic floor physical therapy going to hurt?
Short answer: nope!
4. How should I prepare for my pelvic physical therapy appointment?
You are already perfectly prepared.
5. What should I wear to pelvic physical therapy?
Whatever outfit helps you feel most comfortable.